About Mei Lin
Mei-Lin Luo Maunakea, DACM, MSTCM, Dipl. OM, L.Ac, is a Hawai'i licensed acupuncturist, herbalist, and practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Mei-Lin immigrated to the U.S. with her family from mainland China at a young age. She has always been interested in the health sciences because of her passion in wanting to help people with their health and make a difference in their lives. Various training opportunities strengthened her skills in both Western and Eastern medicine, which enhanced her ability to translate Chinese medicine with Western perspectives and help patients gain a better understanding of their treatments.
- Received Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) in San Francisco, California
- Received Masters of Science Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM) from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) in San Francisco, California
- Certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) as a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl. OM)
- Certified by the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM) in clean needle technique
- Licensed in the State of Hawai'i
- Medical staff at the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
- Worked as a research assistant at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Publications in Cancer Cell and The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Fluent in both Mandarin Chinese and English
Her practice used to be known as Bethesda Acupuncture & Wellness, which moved from Bethesda, Maryland and reopened at the Kuakini Medical Plaza in 2013, now known as the Maunakea Acupuncture & Wellness Center.